A medical legal expert is a doctor who is trained to help untangle the legal aspects of an injury you have suffered at work, in an accident, or from medical care. Dr. Michael Klassen is a Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgeon, offering expert medical-legal evaluations in Fresno, CA to help you.
What You Need to Know about Medical Legal Issues
Your medical legal care will begin with a thorough evaluation involving several steps:
- Your doctor will obtain your injury or accident records from the parties involved
- Your doctor will obtain your medical records from all medical care you have received
- Your doctor will perform a thorough physical examination which may include laboratory testing and imaging studies to fully evaluate your case
After a thorough process, your doctor will provide a comprehensive medical-legal record which may include:
- What caused your injuries or impairment
- The nature and severity of your injuries
- The probability you will continue to suffer impairment in the future
- Your limitations as to work or activities
- Whether your limitations are temporary or permanent
- How your injuries or condition may impact your health in the future
If you suffer an injury or accident, the damage to your body isn't always immediately apparent. You can get worse over time, just from overuse of the damaged area. You may suffer increasing pain, limited movement, loss of range of motion, and other signs and symptoms. When you consult a medical-legal expert, you protect yourself and your future. You need to have a medical-legal expert in your corner, just in case of legal involvement.
Want to Know More?
To find out more about medical legal services and how a medical legal expert can help you, call Dr. Michael Klassen, Sports Medicine, and Orthopedic Surgeon. You can reach him in Fresno, CA, by calling (559) 435-5581, so call today.